Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Springtime.

Yes, that infectious time of year when flowers bloom, sleeves become shorter, and pollen infests the air. I think my favorite thing to do right now is go to the park along with my trusty sketchbook and guitar, and spend an afternoon existing in complete equilibrium with the world. By day, I've got spring fever and am generally happy. By night, things can be iffy, but I always make it through. Spring is a time of change, which has always been something that I struggle with. As E.E. Cummings said, "roses complain their beauties are in vain, but though mankind persuades itself that every weed's a rose, roses will only smile." Maybe Spring is just an illusion. Or perhaps I'm changing; maybe I'm beginning to see things through a new lens...

Anyways, some photography and sketches from this golden and green age:







Hummer Moth

...And the Blind Carpenter put down his hammer, opened his eyes, and saw.



technically, I drew this earlier in the year, but I figures it fit.


I'm currently working on a self-portrait (again). I'll have triptych photos up soon, I promise!

Cheers,
Evee

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! ^^ they were growing at a local public garden. I just got some gerber daisies that i'll be photographing soon

    ReplyDelete